Have you lost your car keys? Are you car keys stuck in the ignition or is the car lock broken? Do you need a car key fob repair or has someone stolen you car keys? If you do then a locksmith providing auto locksmith services should be able to help you out.
An auto locksmith should be able to cut keys for the model of the car you are driving. Whether it is a transponder key (common for most cars made after 1998), a remote car key, a standard car key, motorbike, van, truck, bus or caravan key, you’ll get replacement keys for your ride.
Need keys cut in an emergency?
Should you be locked out of your vehicle at an an untimely hour; say at night when you’re driving home from a date or something of that sort then call for an auto locksmith offering 24-hour emergency service.
What’s the cost of car replacement keys
At the moment, there’s no governing body mandated with the task of regulating prices of locksmith services, so there is no defined price structure. However, you deserve quality services at a reasonable price. It’s recommended that you get a quote from various locksmiths in your area. This way, you get the best deal.
Can you still get car replacement keys if you have lost them and have no spare?
Yes, you can. With car key programming your auto locksmith service should be able to help you out. However, you’d need to provide the following info;
- The make and model of your car or bike
- The registration number of your vehicle
- Proof of ownership – for this you’d need documentation showing your names, photo, and address as well as your postcode
- Vehicle identification number (this can be obtained from your log book).
Armed with this info, the locksmith should be able to help you get a new set of car keys (the same applies to any other vehicle).
Depending on the type of the car key they’ll be cutting/ duplicating, the locksmith files the key to ensure there are no sharp edges on it. This is usually done for some reasons;
- To make sure that the car key used doesn’t leave any scores/ imperfections on the detainers/ leavers inside the lock because if they do, one of the levers may be lifted resulting in a lockout.
- Deburring (filing/ smoothing the edges) a cylinder-type key or any type of pin tumbler prevents tiny fragments of metal to get into the lock thereby tampering with the effectiveness of the lock.
If you are looking for a great locksmith, check out this service: 24 Hour Locksmith Pros